Oakland News Now Blog

Check out ZENNIE62MEDIA's Oakland News Now Blog https://OaklandNewsNowBlog.com

Featured Post

Zennie Abraham’s 1st Tweet On Twitter Was May 16, 2007 10:14 AM @Zennie62

via IFTTT https://youtu.be/m2WcEdWHR4Y

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

T.O. Gets The Boot - Terrell Owens Suspended From Eagles and Deactivated

According to The NFL Network, he stands to lose $800,000 over the next four games and his entire salary for the remainder of the year.

I read on a Yahoo Group that T.O. got into a fistfight and wrestling match with Hugh Douglas in the locker room. I don't know if it's true, but Douglas did say that he thought Owens had personal problems.

I've been a T.O. fan, but I'm disppointed that he did not at least take a try at not saying things about his team. But, I also think The Eagles themselves are to blame.

Head Coach Andy Reid has been totally outcoached many times this year. For example, he gave QB Donovan McNabb such an inflexible game plan against the Denver Broncos that when the Broncos came up with a max blitz defense formation, The Eagles didn't change to a three step drop, and "cut" block the line to form quick passing lanes.

I also think the team's a bit too thin-skinned, and thus comments that I would tell my players to ignore were blown way out of proportion.

He's filed a grevance with the NFLPA, and he may win that battle. For some reason, God's causing this to happen for both -- TO must learn to appreciate what he has and The Eagles must learn that they can't just do anything they want to a player.

I hope the intelligent coach is out there that can fashion a game plan to employ his gifts, but I've not seen that person.

...Yet

No comments: